The Arlington County Democratic Committee unanimously pass a resolution on December 7, 2016 that stated:
- 1. We oppose ending traditional Medicare by changing it from a defined benefit to a defined contribution voucher program.
- 2. We oppose increasing the Medicare eligibility age.
- 3. We oppose increasing the out-of-pocket costs for Medicare beneficiaries by further increasing income-related premiums.
- 4. We oppose repealing the Medicare-related provisions of the Affordable Care Act, which are helping Medicare beneficiaries with their prescription drug costs and provide preventive screening and wellness visits with no out-of-pocket costs.
- 5. We urge Senators Warner and Kaine and Congressman Beyer to vote against any proposed cuts to Medicare.